Get Funding for Creative Projects with Grow Wild
Every year, Grow Wild provides funding to support creative projects inspired by native plants, wildflowers and fungi. There are two main funding types offered, one for community projects and another for youth projects. If you are interested in wildflowers and fungi, and have a great idea for a project, then this funding opportunity might be perfect for you.
Grow Wild is offering grants of up to £4000 to small organisations and groups that are aiming to engage the community with UK native wildflowers, plants and fungi. They are looking to fund projects that will promote their aims and objectives, which are detailed below in the funding criteria:
- focus on UK native wildflowers, plants and/or fungi, through planting or as inspiration, to help people understand the importance of these native species.
- work with one or more of Grow Wild’s target audiences:
- Young people aged 12-25
- Urban communities
- Communities experiencing some disadvantage or reduced access to services
- Adults that are less engaged with their community and environmental activities
- must be able to reach a minimum of 300 people
- allow people to connect with each other and nature, and to learn something new.
- a new and creative idea to engage the audience.
The deadline for the community project grant is Monday 10 December 2018. Visit Grow Wild’s website to find out more and apply!
Another funding opportunity from Grow Wild is for 14-25 year olds. A grant of £500 is available for projects that inspire and connect people to UK native wildflowers and fungi. A panel of young people will decide which projects will receive funding. Applications for youth funding can be submitted at any time of the year. However, the next panel meeting is on Friday 30 November. To apply and for more information, visit the Grow Wild website.Tags: fungi, funding, grant, nature, wildflowers, plants