Volunteer supper event – Woodah Farm
Date: Friday 17th of May 2019Time: 6.30pm-9.30pm (arrive from 6pm)Location: Woodah Farm, Doddiscombsleigh, Exeter EX6 7PR
All past and current bat project volunteers are welcome to this free volunteer event.
Have you attended one of our training events, or helped us with data analysis or other tasks? Perhaps you are planning to run a bat walk, have taken part in Devon Bat Survey or are involved with one of our bat friendly communities.
Volunteers help the bat project to achieve so much more. The aim of this evening is to thank and celebrate volunteers, as well as keeping you up to date with our activities and bringing together people from different project areas to chat about their experiences.
The evening will comprise;
- project updates from the bat team
- a simple supper and refreshments
- finishing off the evening with some bat detecting
Outline for the evening
Arrival from 6pm for a 6.30pm start– refreshments in Cattle Barn
- Introduction to the evening – Lizzy Mooney, Community Engagement Contractor
- ‘Pats for Bats’ – Anna David, Advisory Officer
- ‘Hedges and Orchards for Bats’ – Mike Symes, Advisory Officer
- Update from Bovey Bat Group
- ‘Bat Friendly Communities’ – Helen Parr, Community Engagement Officer
- Bat detecting in the grounds of Woodah Farm
- 9.30pm – End
There is no charge for this event, but donations to the bat project will be welcomed on the night to cover our costs.
Woodah Farm Rural Skills Centre, Doddiscombsleigh, Exeter EX6 7PZ. Grid ref: SX847867
Download map and directions here
Numbers limited so booking is essential. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please notify us of any dietary requirements (supper will be vegetarian)Tags: bat volunteers, forum, bat detecting